- Master of Science degree in Human Nutrition and Foods from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- Recipient of the Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year Award in the School of Human Nutrition and Foods
- Appointed by the Governor of Maryland to serve as a member of the Washington County Physical Fitness Commission
- Recipient of the President’s Award for Excellence at Washington County Hospital in Hagerstown, Maryland
Having worked with thousands of clients as a registered dietitian for more than 25 years, Cynthia’s career reflects a broad range of interests and abilities. Her nutrition consulting experiences range from corporate wellness, federal childrens’ programs, hospice team member, workplace educator, university professor, newspaper columnist, hospital dietitian, health department nutritionist ~ to Cynthia’s primary passion ~ founder of her private practice, Nutrition à la Smart.
Staying on the “cutting edge” of the dietetics field is a priority in her life. Cynthia annually attends the national meeting of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, often in conjunction with local and state meetings. She volunteers at the Community Free Clinic in her hometown of Hagerstown, Maryland and finds it very rewarding.
Achieving balance in her personal and professional life is also a priority. Feeling blessed by spending time with family and friends is an integral part of Cynthia’s health prescription. A passion for cooking, traveling, gardening, and staying physically active are a few of her favorite things to do to keep on the wellness track.
Cynthia strives to instill confidence in her clients’ ability to believe, achieve, and ultimately succeed in attaining their wellness journey goals.